Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Communicating with Parents & Students

In order to effectively communicate with both my students and their parents, Twitter would be an excellent tool to utilize. This is an excellent tool because it will allow me to update others on assignments, field trips, etc. Another advantage Twitter has is that it allows me to make updates from my cell phone, so that I will be able to update my students from almost anywhere. Professionally, this is an excellent tool because it is age appropriate for students and my current professors recommend it as a useful, and professional tool. Twitter is also easy to access, as anyone with the internet can see it, so parents will be able to see it when at work. Students will also be able to see it during school and when they go home.
Twitter allows me to address a number of my responsibilities as a teacher. it allows me to quickly and effectively inform my students of assignments. If students get a Twitter account, they will also be able to communicate back to me should any questions about one of my updates arise when they are away from school. Overall Twitter is an extremely effective communication tool for the classroom, allowing me to reach both parents and students in an easy, convenient manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment